Sustainability starts with chain transparency. The better we understand our chains, the more effectively we can implement changes that improve sustainability. This is essential, because animal fibres usually come wrapped in a cover of sustainability issues. Carbon footprint, methane, land and biodiversity, animal welfare, shearing management, chemicals, and working conditions: claims made can be hard to verify.
But it doesn’t have to be this way, and we’ll gladly show the alternative
The Knitwit Stable analyses all relevant sustainability issues in your supply chain, implements improvements and a strategy for sustainable change, and offers advice on how to clearly and credibly communicate about this transition.
We also help you find responsible sourcing and bring you in contact with existing suppliers or the right parties for sourcing new, sustainable producers in the supply chain.
We will demonstrate:
- that wool can be produced in a sustainable way.
- that Holland can produce the highest quality wool.
- that A-Z affordable wool from Holland is possible.
- how to reduce wool’s impact on the environment.
- how to create transparency and communicate about your wool products.
- Knowledge about animal fibres, such as merino, mohair, alpaca, and Dutch wool, and other animal fibres.
- Understanding of the entire supply chain of mohair and chains in general.
- Sustainable knitwear and yarn processing and production.
- Information on certification. (Responsible Wool Standard, Responsible Mohair Standard, Responsible Alpaca Standard, BSCI, BEPI, etc.
- Buying and implementing sustainable solutions within the supply chain.
- Lectures and workshops
- Developing locally produced products and yarn from Dutch wool.
Want to know what we can do for you? Or would you like to get together and discuss what you’d like? Please contact Reina Ovinge at reina@theknitwitstable.